Getting an award
Getting an award has helped schools across England take a stepped approach to transforming their food culture.
Applying for an award
You can apply for a Food for Life Partnership award online. Just login to your school's webpage and follow the instructions. Alternatively download the application for and guidance and post it to us.
If you need help filling out the form you can give our awards coordinator a call on 0117 3145180 for advice or email email@example.com
Why should I go for an award?
Getting your Bronze award is the first step to food culture transformation, and it has many more benefits than you may first think. Our schools have told us how working towards their Bronze award has improved school meal take up, attendance, increased confidence of staff and ofsted outcomes just to name a few.
Progressing to Silver and Gold further embeds the benefits of the Bronze award with the addition of an invite to an award ceremony.
What are the benefits of getting your Bronze award?
Schools have told us that the Food for Life Partnership Bronze award has helped them:
- Gain an award and recognition for their work
- Improve skills of staff and pupils
- Encourage a creative curriculum (outdoor classroom)
- Develop a whole school approach to health and sustainability
- Improve the school meal dining experience
- Increase school meal take up on average 20%
- Integrate catering staff with the school
- Improve attendance of pupils and staff
- Create a better relationship with caterer or suppliers to the school
- Improve attainment
- Improve behaviour and concentration
- Support the delivery of the self improvement plan
- Improve their Ofsted grade
- Integrate with the local community and improve relationships with local businesses
Sounds great, how do I start?
First of all enrol with the Food for Life Partnership.
If you are already enrolled, go to your own school page. If you have forgotten your password, please contact us.
Under the 'progress against the mark' tab in your schools page, you can tick against the Bronze, Silver and Gold criteria. Once you have met all the criteria you can apply online or download an application form.
If you need help filling out the form, you can give our awards coordinator a call on 0117 3145180 for advice or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
Our awards coordinator will be in touch within a week