Join Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Day on 19 May 2012!
26 April 2012 - Jamie Oliver is encouraging people and organisations who love food to get involved with the Food Revolution Day on 19th May 2012.
Join the Food Revolution!
Jamie wants to raise the profile of the obesity epidemic we are facing and the importance of teaching children basic cooking skills and food education in reducing the problem. We at the Food for Life Partnership as advocates of using local, seasonal and organic products, are supporting this initiative and encourage all schools to get involved. We know that you are already busy with lots of fantastic cooking, growing and community activities, so all we would like you to do is tell the world about it!
Here are details of the exciting ways you can get involved:
- Register your school
- Create an event (it only takes 5 minutes!) Upload information about farm visits, cooking clubs or growing and put your school on the map.
- Download resources or even personalise posters to celebrate everything you’re already doing.
- Upload a video to show what you are doing for ‘food education’ in your school
- Upload your favourite recipes with photos
- Upload photos to pinterest Show us what your school dining room looks like, tell us about digging projects, about cooking clubs or community events. Choose the most appropriate blog and add your photos!
- FAQs direct from Jamie Oliver’s Foundation
Please get involved and let us know what you are doing so we can tweet about you on @FFLPartnership.