School Food Plan local events - have your say!
12 February 2013 - Schools – here’s a great chance for you to have your say on the future of school food.
Many of you will know about the independent review into school food – the School Food Plan - that is currently underway.
The review team want to give all schools the chance to get involved and help shape the plan. To do this, they are running a series of consultation events around the country to give you chance to share your thoughts.
The main aims of the plan is to increase the number of children eating good food in schools, and determine the role of food, cooking and growing. We know our FFLP schools are already experts on this subject, so would encourage you to attend and talk about your experiences.
Dates and venues
- Thursday 14 February – Leeds (David Young Community Academy)
- Monday 25 February – Manchester (East Manchester Academy)
- Monday 4 March – Newcastle (Benfield School)
- Wednesday 6 March – Bristol (Redland Green School)
- Friday 15 March – East of England (venue TBA)
- Thursday 21 March – Birmingham (Hillcrest School)
- Monday 25 March – London (venue TBA)
All events will run 4pm – 6.30pm.
Where possible, the review team have asked that each school attending brings along their head teacher, cook, business manager, a parent and pupil with an interest in food and anyone else interested in coming along.
How to register
You will need to register your attendance in advance by visiting the website below:
One of the Food for Life Partnership team will be attending each event so please let us know if you are attending by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as we’d love to say hello!