Food for Life Early Years Award Terms and Conditions
What you receive
1. The Food for Life Early Years Membership package entitles your setting to the following benefits*:
- A printed welcome pack containing a sample of resources.
- Exclusive access to a selection of Jamie Oliver Kitchen Garden Project digital resources.
- Access to a sample of online resources.
- Access to an online profile and community membership, where you can blog and share your experiences in the Food for Life Membership programme with others, along with sharing photos and pictures.
2. The Food for Life Early Years Awards package entitles your setting to the following benefits*:
- A printed ringbinder resource with a full range of printed resources including laminated recipe cards and cooking and growing guides.
- Exclusive access to Jamie Oliver Kitchen Garden Project digital resources.
- Access to an online profile and community membership, where you can blog and share your experiences in the Food for Life Awards programme with others, along with sharing photos and pictures.
- Access to submit Food for Life criteria, which will be reviewed by our team, enabling you to achieve a Food for Life Early Years award.
- A welcome telephone call from our awards team.
- A supportive site visit every two years to your setting from a FFL expert (every three years if you are externally catered).
- Access to regular online seminars to help you maintaining and progressing your Award
- Food for Life Early Years Award display certificate, once you have achieved your award.
- Invitations to a national award ceremony.
3. Site visits apply to the Food for Life Awards package only and will take place in Year 2 of your subscription. Desk audits undertaken by a Food for Life member of staff will take place in your first year of enrolment.
4. Enrolment is only open to government recognised early years settings in England and Wales. We reserve the right to refuse enrolment to any early years setting. We reserve the right to terminate the enrolment of any early years setting at our sole discretion, without any liability to the early years setting in any way. The rights granted to you under these Terms shall terminate immediately upon your breach of any of these Terms.
5. You may purchase enrolment onto the Food for Life Early Years Membership package by paying a one-off joining fee, and an annual renewal fee payable 12 months later and then annually. You may purchase enrolment onto the Food for Life Early Years Awards package by paying the applicable annual fee at the time of purchase (net of any offers or discounts offered), and then annually. Payments may be made by Paypal, Credit Card, Debit Card, or other payment method as advertised. Enrolments will be activated only on receipt of full payment. Advertised prices are exclusive of VAT, which is applied at the standard rate.
6. We will aim to activate your access to the Food for Life portal within 2 working days of receipt of full payment.
7. Your statutory rights provide that you are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period after paying for enrolment on the Food for Life Membership Package or the Food for Life Awards Package, so if you change your mind within 14 days of paying, you can get your money back in full. However, this does not apply if you have begun download of any Content or online resources from the ‘secure website’. As soon as you click “download” you will no longer be able entitled to a refund. If you are in any doubt, please do not download anything from members section of the ‘secure website’ and please instead contact us as soon as possible. Without prejudice to your statutory legal rights, which remain unaffected, we do not guarantee refunds for lack of usage or dissatisfaction.
8. When you apply for a Food for Life Membership package you are committing to a contract of subscription for one year. When you apply for a Food for Life Awards package you are committing to a contract of subscription for two years (if you are an in-house catered setting) or three years (if you are an externally catered setting). You agree to pay the applicable annual fees for the full duration of the applicable contract period.
Annual Subscriptions and Cancellations
9. When you purchase enrolment on the Food for Life Membership Package or the Food for Life Awards Package, you agree to us storing your information. Your annual subscription for the Food for Life Membership package or the Food for Life Awards package will be due on each anniversary of the enrolment date, unless otherwise cancelled. We will give you notice of payment becoming due by sending you an email reminder around one month before the payment due date, to the email address you provide us with, notifying you of the due date and the amount of payment becoming due, together with a link to our payment portal. The amount of the subscription fee will be as advised in this e-mail reminder prior to becoming due, and will be subject to the standard rate of VAT applicable at that time.
10. You agree to pay the applicable subscription fees at enrolment and as they become due for the full duration of the contract period, and to reimburse us for any and all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. Failure to pay will result in the termination of your enrolment and the cancellation of any Award made under the Awards package. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the contract period during which you cancel your enrolment. You may also cancel your enrolment by contacting us at email@example.com. Subject to clause 8 above, no refunds will be payable. All credit and debit card holders are subject to validation, fraud and authorisation checks by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not accept your purchase of enrolment, we will not be obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of any of the Content. We are not responsible for your card issuer charging you as a result of our processing of your credit and debit card payment in accordance with the purchase of your enrolment. You authorise us to debit your nominated payment card to recover all charges and amounts due and owing to us. You also acknowledge that enrolment is subject to these Terms and any additional terms related to the provision of the enrolment. Additionally, if you require a printed VAT invoice for your transaction with us, you may request one by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. At the end of your contract period for your Membership Package or Awards Package (see Clause 9) we may invite you to renew your Package. However, we are not obliged to do so.
Upgrades and Downgrades
12. You may upgrade from the Membership Package to the Awards Package at any time, by paying the applicable Upgrade Fee. Your Awards Package will commence from the upgrade date and will apply for the contract period as described in Clause 9. Your statutory rights as described in Clause 8 apply to the Awards Package that you have upgraded to.
13. You may downgrade from the Awards Package to the Membership package on the expiry of your Awards contract period (see Clause 9), by giving us at least 14 days’ notice to collect payment for the Membership package only. Any awards that you hold will be cancelled at the time of downgrading. Your Membership Package will commence from the downgrade date and will apply for the contract period as described in Clause 9. Your statutory rights as described in Clause 8 apply to the Membership Package that you have downgraded to.
14. Settings are not able to move between a two year (if you are an in-house catered setting) or three year (if you are an externally catered setting) contract during the duration of the contract. Any changes to contract length must be made at the end of the subscription.
15. Settings with the Awards Package have the opportunity to achieve a Food for Life Early Years Award. Your Award will expire after two years for settings with an in-house caterer and after three years for settings with an external caterer holding a Soil Association Food for Life Catering Mark. It is your responsibility to provide all necessary information and fulfil any criteria under the award as well as to pay any renewal fees for the Awards Package as described in Clause 12. Failure to fulfil any of these requirements will result in Soil Association Food for Life withholding your award and suspending and/or cancelling access to your online portal.
16. In the event that you hold an Early Years Award on the date at which the contract for your Early Years Awards Package comes to an end, and you decide not to continue with your Package, your Award will continue for its remaining duration but access to your portal will be locked and you will not be able to submit criteria or access any of the online resources.
17. Prior to your Award expiring, we will write to you to invite you to re-submit criteria evidence in order for a renewed Award to be issued. Providing you continue to hold a valid Awards Package, your Award criteria will be assessed prior to your current Award expiring, in order to allow your Award to run continuously. If you do not re-submit criteria evidence prior to your Award expiring, your Award will cease.
Your information, and use of the Food For Life website (‘the Website’)
18. The profile you create on the Food for Life website will become part of the Food for Life Award programme and the Website, and except for the content and information that you license to us, the profile is owned by us. However, between you and other people and settings, your account belongs to you. You agree to: (1) keep your password secure and confidential; (2) not permit others to use your account; (3) not use other’s accounts; (4) not sell, trade, or transfer your Food for Life account or enrolment to another party; and (5) not charge anyone for access to any portion of the Food for Life programme, or any information therein. For the avoidance of doubt, enrolled settings should share login details and passwords within their staff, but not with anyone outside of the setting Further, you are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. To close your Food for Life account or end your enrolment, please contact us at email@example.com.
19. Once you are enrolled you may download the Content and information from the Site for settings’ educational and non-commercial use only. You may also upload images, photos and other content to the blogging area of the Site. Where photos, images and any other information is uploaded, you warrant that you have obtained all the necessary permissions and consents, including, where photographs are taken of children, the consent of the child’s parent and/or guardian for the photo to be uploaded. Settings shall be solely responsible for procuring the necessary consent for any information, images, photographs or anything else they post on the Site and we accept no liability for anything uploaded to the Site. Please do not post any personally identifiable information about children to the forum or Site, including but not limited to, children’s names.
20. We will endeavour to approve settings material to the Site in a timely fashion, however we make no warranties as to whether it will be done within a particular timeframe and will not be liable for any losses arising as a result of delays in uploading material. We reserve the right to edit or delete any of the content uploaded onto the Site if we feel it is inappropriate or unsuitable for other settings. While we endeavour to ensure that the information on the Site is correct, we do not make any warranties as to the accuracy, suitability and completeness of the material on the Site.
22. You may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking). You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material: (1) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or (2) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or (3) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or (4) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
23. You must not use the Site in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Site or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Site; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. You must not use the Site to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Site without our express written consent. You must not use the Site to link to any Site or web page consisting of or containing material that would, were it posted on this Site, breach the provisions of any clause of this legal notice.
24. Copyright of all materials, resources; printed or digital and branding is solely retained the Soil Association. Printed or digital resources should not be shared outside of setting staff without the express permission of Soil Association Food for Life on behalf of the Soil Association.
*correct at time of publishing on 01/04/16