Catering challenges differ from sector to sector. For this reason, the Food for Life Served Here standards handbooks and fees have been tailored to each of the key sectors that hold the award.
The certification fees are based on the cost of an annual inspection and a membership fee for each site covered by the award. The certification fees cover:
- Support from a Food for Life Served Here Development Manager in your region, a Certification Officer based at our head office and the rest of the Food for Life Served Here team
- Annual inspection from one of our expert independent inspectors
- An invitation to our annual awards ceremony
- Independent endorsement from Soil Association Certification that your meals are fresh, seasonal and better for animal welfare
- Your organisation's membership of the UK's fastest growing best practice award for caterers
- Use of the Food for Life Served Here logo and all relevant Soil Association Certification marketing materials and messaging
How are Food for Life Served Here Award fees decided?
The certification fees for the Food for Life Served Here Award are based on the amount of work it takes to carry out an inspection and to service the award throughout the year.
Do I have to pay my fee in one lump sum?
Not always, but most caterers do. However, fees can be paid in six monthly instalments by way of a credit agreement from Premium Credit. Please note this involves an additional charge of 3.75% of the total value of the invoice and a credit check may be required.