It is an uncertain time for many cooks and caterers. As the COVID-19 landscape changes along with the Government advice, customer demand and service environments are shifting.
We’ve heard many positive stories of cooks and caterers rising to these challenges, however, we recognise it is a difficult period, with many questions arising.
That’s why we have launched a series of webinars to support cooks and caterers at this crucial time.
Practical Support for School Chefs in the New ‘Normal’ – 17th June 2020
The aim of our first webinar is to support in-house school chefs who have, or will be returning to service in the coming weeks.
Caron Longden (FFL Regional Development Manager) was joined by Jeanette Orrey (Co-founder of Food for Life), Tony Mulgrew (Catering Manager, Ravenscliffe High) & Sam Ward (Lead for Food and Nutrition, Academy for Character & Excellence) sharing their knowledge and experience of returning to service.
To support school chefs in maintaining healthy school meals during COVID-19, the webinar covers:
- Practical steps you can take to manage your in-house catering
- Measures which can be put into place for returning to work
- Advice on the food offer for limited numbers of children returning to school
- Knowledge sharing with a Q&A discussion session
Below are links to some of the help available that we mentioned throughout the webinar:
- The incredible Covid-19 School Food Checklist that Jeanette mentioned is available here: https://www.foodforlife.org.uk/~/media/files/coronavirus/school-food-checklist-for-covid-19.pdf
- The FSA document on reopening your food business is available here: https://www.food.gov.uk/print/pdf/node/4261
- Please join the Food for Life Cooks and Caterers Facebook group, its full of helpful advice and a community of experts willing to answer ANY questions and queries https://www.facebook.com/groups/546015936023435
We are here for you so please do reach out to us for support. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org