- Our secret diners found staff to be knowledgeable about the provenance of the ingredients used and we really like that they celebrate the use of local Yorkshire produce on the menu. 100% of the meat on the menu is British and all the eggs used are free-range.
- Although this is not mentioned on the menu secret diners reported that waiting staff informed them that children’s portions of adult meals are available as standard.
- All food is freshly prepared and cooked at the pub.
- We were pleased to see the use of environmentally friendly ingredients on the menu: the veg is organic and the fish is sustainably sourced.
- Fresh fruit is available as both a starter and a pudding.
Could do better:
- It would be great to see at least one meat-free main-course option on the kids’ menu.
- They could include a greater variety of veg on the children’s menu, not just peas and baked beans, and serve at least one portion of veg with every meal.
Our secret diners said:
“All staff were well informed and offered locally sourced products.”
“I had a wonderful, relaxed Sunday lunch with my kids. One of the best meals we have had in a long time. Food cost would prevent this from being a regular place to eat but great as a treat. Excellent!”