Here's an overview of some of the reasons we're already working with local authorities throughout England:
- It is evidence-based: Our flexible, evidence-based programme tackles both health inequalities and school improvement. Read the independent evidence.
- It improves health and wellbeing: Independent evaluation demonstrates that our programme supports all six recommendations from the Marmot Review. It is proven to be particularly effective in disadvantaged communities.
- It successfully engages settings: We have a strong track record in school engagement as our programme tackles school improvement priorities alongside improving pupil health and wellbeing. We are also successfully engaging with early years settings, hospitals and care homes.
- It meets Ofsted requirements: FFL work provides schools with evidence that they are meeting Ofsted’s Common Inspection Framework requirement to support children and learners to keep themselves healthy.
- It is built on an existing network: With thousands of schools already enrolled, growing numbers of early years settings, hospitals and care home and the Food for Life Served Here Award, we have engagement in every local authority.
- It supports the Plan for Public Procurement: We have a proven track record of engaging caterers through the Food for Life Served Here Award which is an integral part of our commissioned package. Holders of this accreditation will generally score good or excellent against the plan's recommendations.
- We’re already achieving successful outcomes: Our programme is already commissioned by local authorities throughout England. Read what our commissioners say.
- It creates a healthier economy: Research focusing on Food for Life multi-setting programmes and considering value created for health, education and environment in addition to economy demonstrates a social return of £4.41 for every £1.
Our dedicated team of Development Managers will work closely with you to develop a bespoke programme based around a set of core elements which meet your local priorities. We'd love the opportunity to have an informal discussion about how Food for Life could support you, please click here for the contact details of our regional team.