Through bespoke support, training, and action frameworks we work in partnership to inspire, sustain and celebrate changes that improve diets, food environments and food systems.
By commissioning Food for Life to work in your area, our team of experts and local programme managers will make healthy and sustainable meals available to every child and create the culture to help children to enjoy by working with settings, caterers, producers and the wider community to embed a whole setting approach.
Our experience and flexibility means that we can develop a bespoke approach to suit your goals, whether that’s focusing on areas of deprivation or reducing sugar intake across the community.
We have a proven track record of engaging settings and improving health and wellbeing where we’re working, including:
- Making healthy and sustainable food the norm for thousands of children
- Supporting teachers to deliver cooking and growing activities in schools
- Empowering pupils to have a say in the food they eat
- Linking up schools to local growers and producers
- Increasing fruit and vegetable consumption
- Supporting the local economy and creating robust supply chains
We’ve been working with Leicestershire County Council to change food culture in schools and the wider community since 2013. Find out more in this video.
Get in touch with us to find out more about how the Food for Life programme can benefit your area.
Read more about our active and historic local authority areas here.